The purifying Wild Orange is truly one of my favorite essential oils and has been for seven straight years working with doTERRA. Sourced from the Dominican Republic and cold pressed from the peel, Wild Orange is one of the top-selling essential oils due to its energizing aroma and multiple health benefits.
Why Use Wild Orange Essential Oil
High in monoterpenes, Wild Orange possesses stimulating and purifying qualities, making it ideal to enhance immunity when seasonal threats are high. As with many citrus peel oils, Wild Orange contains powerful antioxidants that help maintain overall health. It also makes a fantastic natural surface cleaner. Diffusing Wild Orange lifts the mind and body while purifying the air.
Seriously now— Wild Orange enhances any essential oil blend with a refreshing, citrus-sweet, aroma, it will also boost your positive vibes kicking your butt emotionally! Putting you right back into the perfect freedom of mind, helping you be on top of your game!
This essential oil and affirmation is a keeper! As a recovering perfectionist, this is my jam.
On an emotional level, this essential oil helps with those tough struggles and negative feelings which lower vibrational emotions, like feeling out of balance, and/or dealing with a confused heart and/or head. Wild Orange will ease worry or doubt.
How To Use Wild Orange Essential Oil
Here is how you apply it in your life, and recipes to implement!
- inhale and/or diffuse.
- internally: 1 drop under the tongue, 1-2 drops in a glass of water.
- topically: over the heart, or bottom of the feet.
Safety: avoid direct sunlight up to 12 hours after use. Put it where the sun does not shine and you will be okay.
Wild Orange Recipes
1. There is a remarkable book by Daniel Mcdonald where he helps us discover the emotional connection we have and how essential oils can assist us. Wild Orange is known in the Emotions and Essential Oils (Daniel McDonald) as the Oil of Abundance, paired with a citrine crystal (the crystal of abundance) it creates a powerful manifestation tool. On a cotton ball add a drop or two of Wild Orange in your purse or handbag + a drop of Ginger to enhance abundance and prosperity even more.
“At its core, Wild Orange teaches the true meaning of abundance. It encourages individuals to let go of scarcity mindsets with all of their manifestations, including fear, nervousness, inflexibility, workaholism, lack of humour and the belief that there is not enough. Wild Orange reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit trees, like orange, give freely to all in need. Wild Oranges teaches individuals to give without thought of compensation. In nature, there is always enough to go around. Wild Orange encourages individuals to let go of their need to hoard, which is the epitome of scarcity.
Wild Orange also assists an individual’s natural creative sense. It inspires limitless solutions for problems and issues. one never needs to fear. Wild Orange invites the individual to completely let go as a child does and to live from their authentic Self. In our authenticity, we are abundance. Sharing, playing, relaxing and enjoying the bounties of life- these are the gifts bestowed by Wild Orange essential oil.”
2. Wild Orange is delicious in food, try pairing it with chocolate (cacao), in whipped coconut or whipping cream with, cinnamon or cassia essential oil for a dip. You can also try this simple tip to add a drop or two to your next homemade juice or smoothie.
3. Hydrate your lips this winter season or even in those hot climates with our amazing naturally-derived ingredients formulated in doTERRA's Original Lip Balm. You can make your own and add a few drops of Wild Orange and Peppermint to create a similar effect!
DIY Toxin Free All Purpose Spray
Make your own All Purpose Cleaner! Chemicals in cleaning supplies can be hazardous to your health and the environment. Take the risk out of household cleaners by making your own at home. They’re affordable, easy, eco-friendly, and more effective than store-bought cleaners.
It might surprise you to know that you can concoct simple and inexpensive non-toxic cleaners from ingredients already lying around your house. Using essential oils to create your own cleaning spray is not only safe for the environment but is safe for your family as well. This spray is perfect for cleaning hard surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Here's what you need:
- 500ml (16 oz) Glass (not plastic) Spray Bottle
- 2 cups of water
- 8 drops of any essential oil of your choice you could use doTERRA’s Purify Cleansing Blend, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Wild Orange, OnGuard essential oils or a combination of any mentioned.
Just add water, and essential oil(s) to spray bottle, shake and you are ready to clean!
All Natural Wood Polish
Bring back the shine to your favorite tables, countertops, floors, and more with this simple recipe.
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar or water
- 10 drops dōTERRA essential oils (try Wild Orange, Arborvitae, or Lemon)
- 200ml (8 oz) glass spray bottle
- Add grapeseed or olive oil and vinegar into glass spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply to a microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean.
- Repeat every 2-3 months or as often as needed.