I love to play with Essential Oils and infuse them into my daily life, especially into what I eat and drink!
In this specific recipe, we'll use cardamom, which is not only good for your respiratory system but is awesome for digestion, too! And we'll use cinnamon, which is good for your metabolism, helps maintain an already healthy blood sugar, and is an aphrodisiac!
This is my favorite rice to make with curry.
Basmati Rice With Cardamom and Cinnamon
- 1. c basmati rice
- 1/4 c. ghee or butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. water or vegetable stock (broth)
- 1-2 drops Cardamom essential oil
- 1-2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Combine rice and ghee or butter into an Instant Pot or in a stove pot.
- Saute until rice is translucent.
- Add in vegetable stock or water
With the lid on, put it on the manual setting for 6 minutes.
- Bring to boil for 10 min.
- Turn off heat
- Add in 1-2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- Add in 1-2 drops cardamom essential oil
- Put the lid on and let sit
Serve with grated cardamom seed or a grated cinnamon stick if desired.
We enjoy this recipe with any Indian or Moroccan meal. With vegetables or meat— it's your delight!
P.S. If you're in need of a good curry mix, my go-to is Babas Curry or Moroccan Spice freshly ground.